Do you want the best for your newborn at all times? You must find your baby quite vulnerable. You want to be sure he is protected from all possible harm. Being one of the parents or being the mother for that matter, you must feel that you are willing to do everything just to keep him safe.
Yes, I feel you, being a mother myself and this is why it is best to know beforehand some of the most common precautions you need to familiarize like baby car seat-related safety rules. You see, there will be a lot of instances where you might be forced to tag along with you your newborn to your errands as it will be riskier to leave him behind.
And it is at this time that you will need to use a baby car seat. But the thing is, some mothers don’t really know how to use this or some of the most basic safety rules, especially if you are using this for the first time. If you happen to be one of them, the following tips should be able to give you some hints:
- If your baby is less than a year old, you must keep him in a rear-facing car seat. This is the safest way so he won’t be overthrown easily into something that might cause his life or cause him serious injuries. As a matter of fact, it is highly recommended to do this until he is 3 years old already.
- Until 7 years old, kids should still use a car seat that comes with a harness.
- If your child is below 90 kgs, he should remain at the back. You might be in a hurry to sit beside him, but that is not safe. Such a plan can put your child in danger.
- The best spot for a car seat to be attached is in the middle. But then again, if there is more than one car seat, putting it on the side is okay, especially if the buckle in the middle is not good enough.
- Note that if the car seat will still rock or move after you attach it to your car, it means it is not properly installed. This can be quite risky for your child, so it is best to reach out to someone who can help you in this matter, like a local fire department personnel.
There are still so many things that you should be familiar with if you are using a car seat for your baby for the first time. You should not take chances as one false move can possibly injure your child seriously. Again, don’t hesitate to ask for help from the right people so your car seat will be installed the right way. You should not start driving unless you are sure the car seat is properly installed and your child is comfortable in it. This way, you will be able to focus on the road.
More reads here.